Important! Please apply for this career opportunity by clicking the Apply button at the top of this page.
Then, take the online assessment after applying (Link at the bottom of the posting).
HBI is currently seeking a Regional Placement Coordinator for its program in Orlando, Florida. In this role, you will:
- Provide employability skills training to participants.
- Contact prospective employers and develop job opportunities for completers.
- Collaborate with instructors and students to determine job readiness of all students, such as completion of Skills Achievement Records (SAR), individual performance goals and employability plans.
- Work with instructors and their students to determine student job readiness. Advise ROM of progress and communicates any concerns.
- Conduct periodic follow-up on students’ progress on the job.
- Work closely with the RCDC in fulfilling the placement and follow-up needs of programs assigned. Assist other RPCs, when possible, in job development and placement responsibilities for students assigned.
- Place students per contractual guidelines and, when required, collaborate with the RCDC to assist in the placement of students. Conduct periodic follow-ups on students’ progress after the initial job placement.
- Assist students with housing, transportation, and other needs.
- Ensure that all placement information is entered into all HBI data systems in an accurate and timely manner.
- Complete and submit reports or assignments in a timely manner. Maintain an accurate file of placement information for programs assigned. Gather and forward placement documents in a timely manner.
- Present to a variety of industry groups such as state and local trade associations to promote the hiring of WTE students.
- Foster the recruitment, training, and placement of men and women in the building industry.
- Maintain effective communication with staff to facilitate placement.
- Domestic travel as required in-state and out-of-state (up to 50% annually).
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in employee placement activities and/or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and direct diverse individuals and employers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, through a variety of media, with a wide range of government, industry, union, and other groups and individuals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of the construction trades preferred.
- Experience with personal computers and a wide variety of software including databases and Microsoft Office.
- Current valid state driver’s license is required.
Upon applying for this position, you are required to take an online assessment. To access the assessment, click here.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.