HBI is currently seeking a Carpentry Instructor for its program in Houston, Texas.
As a carpentry instructor, you will demonstrate—through hands-on training and classroom instruction—proper technique, safety, and detail which are essential skills of polished trades professionals. Specific duties are as follows:
- Provide classroom and hands-on training to young adults in order for them to acquire an HBI Pre-Apprenticeship Certificate.
- Coordinate and supervise community-based or work-based learning projects.
- Demonstrate HBI's core values of excellence, safety, integrity, and service to empower and prepare students to enter their careers as electrical pre-apprentices.
- Assist the placement team with tasks related to resume writing, job searches, job placements, and more.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- At least five years of experience in carpentry needed.
- Must have basic computer skills, including some experience with database and MS Office
- Strong coaching skills and the determination to teach, inspire and lead future trades professionals are essential.
- A strong orientation to safety in the workplace is a must.
HBI offers a competitive salary and benefits program.
HBI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected characteristic as established by federal, state, or local law.